UK: Commuting time used to catch up on meals - research
The UK on-the-go food and drinks market is predicted to grow by €262m to reach €20.1bn (US$25.8bn) by 2008. In the face of lengthening working hours, increased commuting time and delays, consumers are increasingly making use of their time in transit to eat and drink, in an attempt to use what many view as lost time.
UK on-the-move food and drink market value (€ billions), 2003-08
Source: Datamonitor, "People On The Move 2003" (DMCM0684)
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill