JAPAN: Company insists out-of-date spring rolls are still 'tasty'
Consumer confidence in food products took another hit in Japan this week, when the head of a small firm in western Japan defended selling frozen spring rolls and other products that were nearly six months past their sell-by date by saying that they were "tasty". Shinsho sold about 2,600 spring rolls to Japanese retailers despite that some were well out of date. It has now voluntarily closed 21 of its 23 shops indefinitely.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival