CANADA: Company recalls Milupa Step 1 baby meal rice cereal
Montreal, Quebec-based Van de Water-Raymond Ltd, and Milupa GmbH & Co. of Germany, are warning consumers not to consume Milupa Step 1 baby meal rice cereal.
The affected product was filled with Milupa Oatmeal Cereal and incorrectly labelled as Milupa Step 1 Rice Cereal. Introducing oats instead of rice could have negative effects on infants.
The affected product may also contain gluten that is not declared on the label. There has been one reported illness complaint associated with this product.
Van de Water-Raymond is voluntary recalling the product, which has been distributed across Canada and labelled as Lot 012008, Expiry 20.08.2002, Product Code 9460, in 250 gram cartons with a UPC code 074830209759.
Consumers may contact Van de Water-Raymond on 1-866-335-9080.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex