UK: Compass wants deal to operate Little Chef as franchisee after sale
UK foodservice giant Compass may continue to operate some Little Chef restaurants as a franchisee even after the sale of the roadside chain, chairman Mike Bailey revealed earlier this week. Bailey explained that he hopes to retain the 38 Little Chef restaurants situated at its 47-stong chain of Moto motorway service areas, under a franchise deal with the new buyer of the operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins