UK: Compass will sell hotels to McDonald's, Bank of Scotland JV
UK contract caterer, the Compass Group, has revealed that its Heritage Hotel chain will be sold to a joint venture established between US fastfood behemoth McDonald's and the Bank of Scotland. Compass, which demerged from Granada earlier this year, is expected to make £230m from the disposal, and intends to focus more narrowly on its catering business following the sale.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth