UK: Compensation for Pig Farms
Farming leaders are meeting Agriculture Minister Nick Brown today to discuss compensation for pig farms hit by the swine fever outbreak.The European Union partially lifted its ban on the export of live English pigs and pig semen on 22 August. But animals from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex remain subject to curbs following the outbreak in East Anglia at the start of the month.Mr Brown has pledged to help farmers directly hit by the outbreak ahead of his meeting with representatives of the NFU, National Pig Association and the Meat and Livestock Commission at the Ministry in London.Swine fever was first reported on five farms in East Anglia and although seven farms have since been cleared, tests remain to be completed on around 30 more.It is difficult for them to predict when the disease would eventually disappear from East Anglia as the incubation period could last up to 21 days.However, a decision to lift the ban for the whole of East Anglia could be made at the next EU veterinary meeting on 5 September.To find out more about Swine Fever
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report