SWITZERLAND: Competition authorities approve Coop purchase of Waro
The Swiss Competition Commission, WEKO, has approved the acquisition by Swiss retailer Coop of rival retail chain Waro. Coop is buying the 28 Waro stores from local discount retailer Denner, a unit of Rast Holding, for an undisclosed sum. Weko's preliminary investigations has suggested that the acquisition might lead to Coop having too dominant a position in the fresh food retail market, reported the Swiss News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO