SWITZERLAND: Competition authorities approve Coop purchase of Waro
The Swiss Competition Commission, WEKO, has approved the acquisition by Swiss retailer Coop of rival retail chain Waro. Coop is buying the 28 Waro stores from local discount retailer Denner, a unit of Rast Holding, for an undisclosed sum. Weko's preliminary investigations has suggested that the acquisition might lead to Coop having too dominant a position in the fresh food retail market, reported the Swiss News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti