UK: Competition Commission may favour Morrisons/Safeway merger
The UK's Competition Commission has sent out letters to the potential bidders for UK supermarket chain Safeway explaining the issues it is considering in its investigation. The competition regulator said it has received further evidence from the interested parties, their competitors and other interested organisations and individuals but has not yet reached any conclusion on the matter. It is still considering whether to block any of the bids or enforce store disposals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project