USA: ConAgra at centre of second largest ground meat recall
US meat giant ConAgra Foods is at the centre of the second largest ground beef recall in the US after recalling nearly 19 million pounds on the suspicion that it is contaminated with the deadly E. coli 0157:H7 bacteria. The news expands a previous recall announced by ConAgra at the end of last month. At least 22 people have fallen ill after eating the contaminated beef, and they are mostly in Colorado. The meat was produced at the company's Greeley, Colorado, plant between 12 April and 11 July, according to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units