USA: ConAgra at centre of second largest ground meat recall
US meat giant ConAgra Foods is at the centre of the second largest ground beef recall in the US after recalling nearly 19 million pounds on the suspicion that it is contaminated with the deadly E. coli 0157:H7 bacteria. The news expands a previous recall announced by ConAgra at the end of last month. At least 22 people have fallen ill after eating the contaminated beef, and they are mostly in Colorado. The meat was produced at the company's Greeley, Colorado, plant between 12 April and 11 July, according to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report