USA: ConAgra at centre of second largest ground meat recall
US meat giant ConAgra Foods is at the centre of the second largest ground beef recall in the US after recalling nearly 19 million pounds on the suspicion that it is contaminated with the deadly E. coli 0157:H7 bacteria. The news expands a previous recall announced by ConAgra at the end of last month. At least 22 people have fallen ill after eating the contaminated beef, and they are mostly in Colorado. The meat was produced at the company's Greeley, Colorado, plant between 12 April and 11 July, according to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review