US: ConAgra backs USDA labelling scheme
ConAgra Foods has developed nutritional labelling for a range of its products, the US food giant has announced.
The labelling will feature on brands such as Healthy Choice, Chef Boyardee and Orville Redenbacher's and uses the US Department of Agriculture's MyPyramid to show food facts and dietary recommendations.
"ConAgra Foods' approach provides consumers with simple and clear nutrition information using the USDA's science-based dietary recommendations rather than creating yet another nutrition standard," said Gary Rodkin, ConAgra Foods CEO.
The new labelling will appear in stores in May.
US potato company ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston has entered into a joint venture with Ochoa Foods....
Reporting its full year results today (26 June) ConAgra emphasised the strong performance of its continuing operations, which saw diluted EPS grow 38%....
ConAgra Foods has said that its fourth-quarter earnings per share will be higher than its original estimates on the back of strong trading and merchandising profits....
ConAgra Foods has completed the sale of its commodity trading and merchandising operations, ConAgra Trade Group....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs