USA: ConAgra declares dividend increase; celebrates 100th consecutive quarterly dividend
Today, ConAgra (NYSE: CAG) announced that it is raising its quarterly dividend from 20.35 cents to 22.50 cents per share for the next four quarters. This results in an annual dividend of 90.0 cents per share, up from the previous annual rate of 81.40 cents per share, representing an 11 percent increase. This begins the 26th consecutive year that ConAgra has increased its dividends.Bruce Rohde, ConAgra's chairman and chief executive officer, commented, "We are proud of our long-term dividend growth record. Our company generates significant earnings. We use the increases in our earnings for two things: paying dividends to shareholders and investing for profitable future growth. We have consistently utilized 30% to 35% of our earnings growth to fuel divided growth and the remainder fuels future growth."Dividends of 22.50 cents will be paid on December 1, 2000, to shareholders of record as of October 27, 2000. This will be the 1st quarterly dividend at the 22.50 cents rate. This also will be ConAgra's 100th consecutive quarterly dividend payment.ConAgra, Inc., (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin