USA: ConAgra declares dividend increase; celebrates 100th consecutive quarterly dividend
Today, ConAgra (NYSE: CAG) announced that it is raising its quarterly dividend from 20.35 cents to 22.50 cents per share for the next four quarters. This results in an annual dividend of 90.0 cents per share, up from the previous annual rate of 81.40 cents per share, representing an 11 percent increase. This begins the 26th consecutive year that ConAgra has increased its dividends.Bruce Rohde, ConAgra's chairman and chief executive officer, commented, "We are proud of our long-term dividend growth record. Our company generates significant earnings. We use the increases in our earnings for two things: paying dividends to shareholders and investing for profitable future growth. We have consistently utilized 30% to 35% of our earnings growth to fuel divided growth and the remainder fuels future growth."Dividends of 22.50 cents will be paid on December 1, 2000, to shareholders of record as of October 27, 2000. This will be the 1st quarterly dividend at the 22.50 cents rate. This also will be ConAgra's 100th consecutive quarterly dividend payment.ConAgra, Inc., (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report