US: ConAgra extends snack ranges
ConAgra has revealed plans to extend a number of its snack ranges with new products in its Slim Jim, David Seeds and Andy Capp's ranges.
The company announced yesterday (25 January) that it would add two new varieties to its Slim Jim meat stick range, including Zesty Garlic and Jamaican Jerk. It has introduced larger sized jumbo seeds in Buffalo Style Ranch and Hot & Spicy in its David Seeds range, and has added BBQ fries and a multi-serve eight-ounce Big Bag to its Andy Capp's range.
The company said the move was driven by a customer demand for "new, bolder" flavours. "Consumers are looking for bigger, bolder flavours from their snacks. All of our new products reflect this trend toward more intense flavours, whether you're reaching for a Slim Jim, some baked Andy Capp's fries or a handful of David Seeds," said ConAgra snacks president, David Palfenier.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre