US: ConAgra eyeing "strategic acquisitions"
ConAgra eyes further M&A
ConAgra Foods has confirmed it intends to drive growth in its core business through targeted strategic acquisitions.
The US food giant has completed a slew of acquisitions over the past year. The company purchased the Bertolli and PF Chang's frozen food brands in the US from Unilever in July. Other recent acquisitions include National Pretzel Company, Del Monte Canada, Odom's Tennessee Pride and the pita chip business from Kangaroo Brands.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food delivering organic growth from these completed acquisitions - as well as the firm's existing business - would be key to expansion. However, the spokesperson added the firm is also on the look out for other complimentary M&A opportunities.
"ConAgra Foods is growing organically and through strategic acquisitions. Our acquisitions will allow us to grow our core businesses and expand into adjacent areas. We will be thoughtful and rigorous in our choices based on the overall attractiveness of each category and product line," the spokesperson said.
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
Jobs within Unilever's European business could go as the consumer goods giant restructures its brand development in the region....
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- US demand for organic food exceeding supply