US: ConAgra facility investment to underpin brand growth
The company announced earlier this week (24 September) that it will increase production capacity at the plant in Russellville in order to manufacture the Bertolli and PF Chang's brands, which it acquired from Unilever earlier this year. The move will create more than 80 jobs, ConAgra said.
A spokesperson for ConAgra told just-food the transition of Bertolli and PF Chang's production to the facility was part of the group's $265m acquisition of the brands from Unilever. The deal did not include the manufacturing facility in Owensboro in Kentucky, where Unilever produced the Bertolli and PF Chang's frozen meals.
The investment in the Russellville facility will therefore underpin ConAgra's plans to grow the brands. "We intend to grow these brands through our extensive frozen food expertise and innovation capabilities," the spokesperson said.
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
Jobs within Unilever's European business could go as the consumer goods giant restructures its brand development in the region....
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis