CANADA: ConAgra Foods acquires Artel Inc.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading food companies, acquired Artel Inc., a Canadian manufacturer of frozen prepared foods, on Jan. 30, 2001. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Artel Inc., based in Boisbriand, in the Province of Quebec, Canada, manufactures a variety of frozen prepared foods including Pogo, which is the leading corn dog in Canada; Del Maestro, which are frozen wood-fired pizzas; and Yin Yang, which are authentic spring rolls. This acquisition includes the business operations and equipment of Artel Inc. and its affiliates, Del Maestro Foods Inc. in Quebec City and Pablo & Pepe in Laval. Also included are Artel's manufacturing facilities in Boisbriand. Artel, Del Maestro, and Pablo & Pepe are all located in the Province of Quebec, Canada. The 350 employees will remain with the operations of the companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses