CANADA: ConAgra Foods acquires Artel Inc.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading food companies, acquired Artel Inc., a Canadian manufacturer of frozen prepared foods, on Jan. 30, 2001. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Artel Inc., based in Boisbriand, in the Province of Quebec, Canada, manufactures a variety of frozen prepared foods including Pogo, which is the leading corn dog in Canada; Del Maestro, which are frozen wood-fired pizzas; and Yin Yang, which are authentic spring rolls. This acquisition includes the business operations and equipment of Artel Inc. and its affiliates, Del Maestro Foods Inc. in Quebec City and Pablo & Pepe in Laval. Also included are Artel's manufacturing facilities in Boisbriand. Artel, Del Maestro, and Pablo & Pepe are all located in the Province of Quebec, Canada. The 350 employees will remain with the operations of the companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target