USA: ConAgra Foods and Sigma Alimentos form frozen prepared foods joint venture
ConAgra Foods, (NYSE: CAG), one of the world's largest branded food companies, and Sigma Alimentos (Sigma), a leading Mexican refrigerated and frozen food marketer, announced yesterday creation of a frozen foods joint venture. ConAgra Foods is acquiring 50 percent of Sigma's frozen prepared foods subsidiary, Sigma Alimentos Congelados, S.A. de C.V., as part of the joint venture. Sigma retains ownership of the other 50 percent. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti