USA: ConAgra Foods Reports Strong Results, Progress With Year's Key Initiatives
Today ConAgra Foods (NYSE: CAG), one of the world's largest packaged food companies, reported record first quarter sales and earnings for the period ending August 26, 2001. First quarter earnings were $.36 per diluted share, representing 44% growth over earnings of $.25 per diluted share in the first quarter of fiscal 2001. Sales increased 8% to reach $7.6 billion and operating profit improved 20% to $528 million. The company's overall performance reflects strong food volume growth, a larger portfolio of value-added products due to the acquisition of several food brands late in the first quarter of fiscal 2001, and more favorable market conditions for some business units.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti