USA: ConAgra Foods Reports Strong Results, Progress With Year's Key Initiatives
Today ConAgra Foods (NYSE: CAG), one of the world's largest packaged food companies, reported record first quarter sales and earnings for the period ending August 26, 2001. First quarter earnings were $.36 per diluted share, representing 44% growth over earnings of $.25 per diluted share in the first quarter of fiscal 2001. Sales increased 8% to reach $7.6 billion and operating profit improved 20% to $528 million. The company's overall performance reflects strong food volume growth, a larger portfolio of value-added products due to the acquisition of several food brands late in the first quarter of fiscal 2001, and more favorable market conditions for some business units.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre