USA: ConAgra Foods will restate financials based on audit committee investigation of its UAP subsidiary
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE: CAG) yesterday announced that accounting and conduct matters at its United Agri Products Companies (UAP) subsidiary during fiscal years 1999 and 2000 will result in the restatement of the Company's financial results for those years. Certain accounting adjustments will also result in a restatement for fiscal 1998. The restatement will reduce revenues and earnings in fiscal years 1998, 1999 and 2000, and will increase revenues and earnings in fiscal 2001. UAP, which distributes seed, fertilizer and agricultural chemicals to agricultural growers, is one of three businesses in ConAgra Foods' agricultural products reporting segment and represented approximately 9% of ConAgra Foods' operating profit for the fiscal years 1998, 1999 and 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project