USA: ConAgra Foods will restate financials based on audit committee investigation of its UAP subsidiary
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE: CAG) yesterday announced that accounting and conduct matters at its United Agri Products Companies (UAP) subsidiary during fiscal years 1999 and 2000 will result in the restatement of the Company's financial results for those years. Certain accounting adjustments will also result in a restatement for fiscal 1998. The restatement will reduce revenues and earnings in fiscal years 1998, 1999 and 2000, and will increase revenues and earnings in fiscal 2001. UAP, which distributes seed, fertilizer and agricultural chemicals to agricultural growers, is one of three businesses in ConAgra Foods' agricultural products reporting segment and represented approximately 9% of ConAgra Foods' operating profit for the fiscal years 1998, 1999 and 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins