USA: ConAgra, Inc., Reports Completion of International Home Foods Acquisition
ConAgra, Inc. (NYSE: CAG), one of the world's largest branded foods companies, and International Home Foods (NYSE: IHF) announced today that ConAgra has completed its acquisition of International Home Foods.Bruce Rohde, ConAgra chairman and chief executive officer, said, "We are excited about the growth prospects of the International Home Foods brand portfolio as it becomes part of ConAgra's already powerful lineup of products we offer our customers."Rohde added, "As we continue to focus on the value-added portion of all our businesses and aligning our resources around our retail and foodservice customers, International Home Foods fits well with our growth objectives. This deal is a good fit with our strategy."ConAgra's transfer agent, Wells Fargo Shareowner Services, will soon mail a Letter of Transmittal to International Home Foods' shareholders with instructions on surrendering their certificates of International Home Foods' stock in exchange for cash and shares of ConAgra stock."With a mixture of stock and cash as consideration for this deal," said Rohde, "ConAgra has preserved its flexibility to pursue other strategic opportunities while attempting to make a tax-efficient deal for International Home Foods' shareholders."For each International Home Foods share, ConAgra will pay $11 in cash and 0.54692 of a ConAgra share. ConAgra will issue approximately 41 million shares of ConAgra common stock as the stock portion of the consideration. The deal represents a total value of approximately $2.9 billion, reflecting the assumption of $1.3 billion in existing IHF debt.The number of ConAgra shares issued for each IHF share transaction was determined by dividing $11 by $20.1125, the average closing price of ConAgra stock from August 4 through August 17 -- the relevant pricing period set by the merger agreement for determining the conversion rate of ConAgra stock. ConAgra, Inc., (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image