US: ConAgra invests in Bertolli, PF Chang's production
ConAgra invests in Bertolli, PF Chang's production capabilities
The move will create more than 80 jobs, the company said yesterday (24 September). The facility already employs around 1,350 people.
ConAgra acquired the Bertolli and PF Changs businesses from Unilever in July. The deal, which valued Unilever's North American frozen food interests at $265m, did not include the manufacturing facility in Owensboro, Kentucky, where Unilever produced the Bertolli and PF Chang's frozen meals.
ConAgra Foods to Expand Operations in Russellville, AR
Expansion due to acquisition of Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's® frozen meals
OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) announced today that it is expanding its facility in Russellville, AR to make Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's® frozen meals. The expansion, anticipated to be a $100 million investment, is expected to create more than 80 jobs.
"ConAgra Foods has a long history in Russellville and we are pleased to grow our presence in the area," said Mike Tracy, Senior Vice President of Consumer Foods Supply Chain for ConAgra Foods. "Our dedicated employees, along with the support of the city of Russellville and the state of Arkansas will allow us to make great food here for many years to come."
ConAgra Foods has approximately 1,350 employees in Russellville, AR and has operated in the area since 1965.
ConAgra Foods acquired the Bertolli and P.F. Chang's Home Menu frozen meals businesses earlier this year as part of its growth strategy, which includes growing its core businesses and expanding into strategic adjacencies. ConAgra Foods' presence in the freezer case, includes brands such as Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice® , Kid Cuisine®, Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's®. The Bertolli and P.F. Chang's brands are used under license.
Original source: ConAgra Foods
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
Unilever is one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Recently it has added an additional focus to its operations, promoting sustainability within its business model. It has implemented maj...
Jobs within Unilever's European business could go as the consumer goods giant restructures its brand development in the region....
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape