US: ConAgra invests in Bertolli, PF Chang's production
ConAgra invests in Bertolli, PF Chang's production capabilities
The move will create more than 80 jobs, the company said yesterday (24 September). The facility already employs around 1,350 people.
ConAgra acquired the Bertolli and PF Changs businesses from Unilever in July. The deal, which valued Unilever's North American frozen food interests at $265m, did not include the manufacturing facility in Owensboro, Kentucky, where Unilever produced the Bertolli and PF Chang's frozen meals.
ConAgra Foods to Expand Operations in Russellville, AR
Expansion due to acquisition of Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's® frozen meals
OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) announced today that it is expanding its facility in Russellville, AR to make Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's® frozen meals. The expansion, anticipated to be a $100 million investment, is expected to create more than 80 jobs.
"ConAgra Foods has a long history in Russellville and we are pleased to grow our presence in the area," said Mike Tracy, Senior Vice President of Consumer Foods Supply Chain for ConAgra Foods. "Our dedicated employees, along with the support of the city of Russellville and the state of Arkansas will allow us to make great food here for many years to come."
ConAgra Foods has approximately 1,350 employees in Russellville, AR and has operated in the area since 1965.
ConAgra Foods acquired the Bertolli and P.F. Chang's Home Menu frozen meals businesses earlier this year as part of its growth strategy, which includes growing its core businesses and expanding into strategic adjacencies. ConAgra Foods' presence in the freezer case, includes brands such as Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice® , Kid Cuisine®, Bertolli® and P.F. Chang's®. The Bertolli and P.F. Chang's brands are used under license.
Original source: ConAgra Foods
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
Jobs within Unilever's European business could go as the consumer goods giant restructures its brand development in the region....
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report