USA: ConAgra posts 14% fall in quarterly earnings
US food company ConAgra Foods has reported a 14% fall in quarterly earnings, after the company divested its fresh beef and pork operations. The Omaha, Nebraska-based company reported earnings of US$194.9m, or 37 cents a share, in the first quarter to 24 August, compared to $227.6m, or 43 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Analysts had been expecting earnings of 38 cents a share, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO