US: ConAgra pumps US$9m into Indiana popcorn facility expansion
Conagra Foods is investing US$8.9m into an expansion of its popcorn-making facility
US food manufacturer ConAgra Foods is to pump US$8.9m into expanding its Indiana popcorn facility - a move which will see 80 new jobs created by next year.
The expansion at the Rensselaer site is expected to begin in August this year, with work anticipated to be complete by early next year.
According to governor Mike Pence, Indiana is "the second leading popcorn-producing state in the nation."
ConAgra was awarded up to US$810,000 in conditional tax credits based on its job creation plan.
"Expanding our operations in Indiana will help us meet the needs of our customers and operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," said Mike Tracy, senior vice president of supply chain. "We are pleased with the state and local partnerships we have developed and we look forward to working together in the future."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during August 2014. Using...
Global Savory Snacks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descrip...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- How drawn are US consumers to cage-free eggs?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US