US: ConAgra pumps US$9m into Indiana popcorn facility expansion
Conagra Foods is investing US$8.9m into an expansion of its popcorn-making facility
US food manufacturer ConAgra Foods is to pump US$8.9m into expanding its Indiana popcorn facility - a move which will see 80 new jobs created by next year.
The expansion at the Rensselaer site is expected to begin in August this year, with work anticipated to be complete by early next year.
According to governor Mike Pence, Indiana is "the second leading popcorn-producing state in the nation."
ConAgra was awarded up to US$810,000 in conditional tax credits based on its job creation plan.
"Expanding our operations in Indiana will help us meet the needs of our customers and operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," said Mike Tracy, senior vice president of supply chain. "We are pleased with the state and local partnerships we have developed and we look forward to working together in the future."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during August 2014. Using...
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- What lies behind Ferrero's move for Thorntons?
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- China seizes meat from 1970s in latest scandal
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines
- Unilever, Nestle commit to half food waste by 2025