USA: ConAgra reports robust rise in Q1 earnings
US meat processor ConAgra reported Q1 earnings up 21% to US$227.6m. Despite having to lower the price of its products in a softer market, the company outstripped analysts' forecasts. Net revenues declined 7.2% to $7.1bn, partly offset by an 8.1% decline in costs. The growth in profits was largely attributed to the performance of its higher margin packaged food operations. The company is increasing its focus on the value-added end of the business, notably branded products such as Healthy Choice frozen dinners and Armour hot dogs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week