USA: ConAgra reports robust rise in Q1 earnings
US meat processor ConAgra reported Q1 earnings up 21% to US$227.6m. Despite having to lower the price of its products in a softer market, the company outstripped analysts' forecasts. Net revenues declined 7.2% to $7.1bn, partly offset by an 8.1% decline in costs. The growth in profits was largely attributed to the performance of its higher margin packaged food operations. The company is increasing its focus on the value-added end of the business, notably branded products such as Healthy Choice frozen dinners and Armour hot dogs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk