USA: ConAgra reports robust rise in Q1 earnings
US meat processor ConAgra reported Q1 earnings up 21% to US$227.6m. Despite having to lower the price of its products in a softer market, the company outstripped analysts' forecasts. Net revenues declined 7.2% to $7.1bn, partly offset by an 8.1% decline in costs. The growth in profits was largely attributed to the performance of its higher margin packaged food operations. The company is increasing its focus on the value-added end of the business, notably branded products such as Healthy Choice frozen dinners and Armour hot dogs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO