US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
ConAgra has sold salty snacks brand Medallion to Shearer's Foods
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
Medallion manufactures value-brand and private-label corn-based snacks, including tortilla chips, corn chips and extruded corn products.
In an email to just-food today (22 April), a spokesperson for ConAgra said: "Although ConAgra Foods believes strongly in the salty snacks category, the Medallion Foods business was not large enough within ConAgra Foods to command the resources it needed to grow - particularly in light of the current focus on the broader Ralcorp integration. As a result, ConAgra Foods believes the Medallion Foods business will have more value under a more focused owner."
ConAgra purchased Medallion as part of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings, which closed last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during August 2014. Using...
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- Nestle to sell Jamaican dairy unit