US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
ConAgra has sold salty snacks brand Medallion to Shearer's Foods
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
Medallion manufactures value-brand and private-label corn-based snacks, including tortilla chips, corn chips and extruded corn products.
In an email to just-food today (22 April), a spokesperson for ConAgra said: "Although ConAgra Foods believes strongly in the salty snacks category, the Medallion Foods business was not large enough within ConAgra Foods to command the resources it needed to grow - particularly in light of the current focus on the broader Ralcorp integration. As a result, ConAgra Foods believes the Medallion Foods business will have more value under a more focused owner."
ConAgra purchased Medallion as part of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings, which closed last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- HKScan appoints Jari Latvanen CEO