US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
ConAgra has sold salty snacks brand Medallion to Shearer's Foods
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
Medallion manufactures value-brand and private-label corn-based snacks, including tortilla chips, corn chips and extruded corn products.
In an email to just-food today (22 April), a spokesperson for ConAgra said: "Although ConAgra Foods believes strongly in the salty snacks category, the Medallion Foods business was not large enough within ConAgra Foods to command the resources it needed to grow - particularly in light of the current focus on the broader Ralcorp integration. As a result, ConAgra Foods believes the Medallion Foods business will have more value under a more focused owner."
ConAgra purchased Medallion as part of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings, which closed last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights