US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
ConAgra has sold salty snacks brand Medallion to Shearer's Foods
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
Medallion manufactures value-brand and private-label corn-based snacks, including tortilla chips, corn chips and extruded corn products.
In an email to just-food today (22 April), a spokesperson for ConAgra said: "Although ConAgra Foods believes strongly in the salty snacks category, the Medallion Foods business was not large enough within ConAgra Foods to command the resources it needed to grow - particularly in light of the current focus on the broader Ralcorp integration. As a result, ConAgra Foods believes the Medallion Foods business will have more value under a more focused owner."
ConAgra purchased Medallion as part of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings, which closed last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit