US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
ConAgra has sold salty snacks brand Medallion to Shearer's Foods
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
Medallion manufactures value-brand and private-label corn-based snacks, including tortilla chips, corn chips and extruded corn products.
In an email to just-food today (22 April), a spokesperson for ConAgra said: "Although ConAgra Foods believes strongly in the salty snacks category, the Medallion Foods business was not large enough within ConAgra Foods to command the resources it needed to grow - particularly in light of the current focus on the broader Ralcorp integration. As a result, ConAgra Foods believes the Medallion Foods business will have more value under a more focused owner."
ConAgra purchased Medallion as part of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings, which closed last year.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities