US: ConAgra to close NY plant, 425 jobs to go
ConAgra announces closure of US plant
ConAgra has confirmed it is to close its plant in Fredonia, New York in 2015 in a move that will see 425 people lose their jobs.
In a statement to just-food yesterday (20 March), a spokesperson for the firm explained production would shift to an alternative site.
Transition will occur "in phases" starting this summer. The plant is expected to close in May 2015.
"The food will be made at other plants in ConAgra Foods that have similar capabilities and available capacity, which will allow the company to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," just-food was told.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "ConAgra Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (CAG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
In 2012 ConAgra Foods Inc unveiled its “Recipe for Growth”, and since then the company has achieved growth through the acquisition of Unilever’s PF Chang’s and Bertolli frozen ready meal brands, and t...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam