US: ConAgra to close NY plant, 425 jobs to go
ConAgra announces closure of US plant
ConAgra has confirmed it is to close its plant in Fredonia, New York in 2015 in a move that will see 425 people lose their jobs.
In a statement to just-food yesterday (20 March), a spokesperson for the firm explained production would shift to an alternative site.
Transition will occur "in phases" starting this summer. The plant is expected to close in May 2015.
"The food will be made at other plants in ConAgra Foods that have similar capabilities and available capacity, which will allow the company to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," just-food was told.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "ConAgra Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes