US: ConAgra to close NY plant, 425 jobs to go
ConAgra announces closure of US plant
ConAgra has confirmed it is to close its plant in Fredonia, New York in 2015 in a move that will see 425 people lose their jobs.
In a statement to just-food yesterday (20 March), a spokesperson for the firm explained production would shift to an alternative site.
Transition will occur "in phases" starting this summer. The plant is expected to close in May 2015.
"The food will be made at other plants in ConAgra Foods that have similar capabilities and available capacity, which will allow the company to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," just-food was told.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Synopsis Canadean's "ConAgra Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
In 2012 ConAgra Foods Inc unveiled its “Recipe for Growth”, and since then the company has achieved growth through the acquisition of Unilever’s PF Chang’s and Bertolli frozen ready meal brands, and t...
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia