US: ConAgra to close NY plant, 425 jobs to go
ConAgra announces closure of US plant
ConAgra has confirmed it is to close its plant in Fredonia, New York in 2015 in a move that will see 425 people lose their jobs.
In a statement to just-food yesterday (20 March), a spokesperson for the firm explained production would shift to an alternative site.
Transition will occur "in phases" starting this summer. The plant is expected to close in May 2015.
"The food will be made at other plants in ConAgra Foods that have similar capabilities and available capacity, which will allow the company to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible," just-food was told.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
ConAgra Foods Inc is looking to drive growth through the continued development of its private label portfolio and through product innovation. ConAgra is now the largest private label manufacturer in N...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows