USA: ConAgra to lay off 100 Beatrice cheese plant workers
US meat processor ConAgra is planning to lay off almost half of the 220 employees in its Beatrice Cheese plant in Fredericksburg, Iowa. The company says it has been forced into the decision by industry business conditions. The employees, who work in production, warehousing, maintenance, supervisory and administrative positions, will receive two months' notice as well as help finding a new job by Iowa Workforce Development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti