USA: ConAgra to lay off 100 Beatrice cheese plant workers
US meat processor ConAgra is planning to lay off almost half of the 220 employees in its Beatrice Cheese plant in Fredericksburg, Iowa. The company says it has been forced into the decision by industry business conditions. The employees, who work in production, warehousing, maintenance, supervisory and administrative positions, will receive two months' notice as well as help finding a new job by Iowa Workforce Development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea