USA: ConAgra to lay off 100 Beatrice cheese plant workers
US meat processor ConAgra is planning to lay off almost half of the 220 employees in its Beatrice Cheese plant in Fredericksburg, Iowa. The company says it has been forced into the decision by industry business conditions. The employees, who work in production, warehousing, maintenance, supervisory and administrative positions, will receive two months' notice as well as help finding a new job by Iowa Workforce Development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units