US: ConAgra ups FY earnings forecast
US food group ConAgra Foods has lifted its forecast for annual earnings on the back of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings - and "strong contributions" from the rest of its business.
ConAgra now sees diluted earnings per share reaching US$2.15 for its fiscal 2013 year, which ends in May.
The company, now the largest own-label firm in the US, said "tax favourability" would also help its EPS. In December, ConAgra forecast diluted EPS of $2.06.
Check back later for coverage of ConAgra's appearance at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference in Florida today.
Higher LIFO charges and sales depressed by lower prices have hit first-quarter profits at US canned fruit and veg firm Seneca Foods....
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures