USA: ConAgra Workers demand recognition for union
Workers rallied outside a ConAgra plant gate yesterday [Wednesday], demanding that the meat processing giant officially recognise the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) Local 271. Supporters at the rally, including community and religious leaders, claimed the company had systematically intimidated and harassed workers during a union drive two years ago, and insisted that ConAgra's anti-union campaign terrorised a majority of the workers against voting for the union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast