USA: ConAgra Workers demand recognition for union
Workers rallied outside a ConAgra plant gate yesterday [Wednesday], demanding that the meat processing giant officially recognise the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) Local 271. Supporters at the rally, including community and religious leaders, claimed the company had systematically intimidated and harassed workers during a union drive two years ago, and insisted that ConAgra's anti-union campaign terrorised a majority of the workers against voting for the union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival