USA: ConAgra Workers demand recognition for union
Workers rallied outside a ConAgra plant gate yesterday [Wednesday], demanding that the meat processing giant officially recognise the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) Local 271. Supporters at the rally, including community and religious leaders, claimed the company had systematically intimidated and harassed workers during a union drive two years ago, and insisted that ConAgra's anti-union campaign terrorised a majority of the workers against voting for the union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review