USA: ConAgra Workers demand recognition for union
Workers rallied outside a ConAgra plant gate yesterday [Wednesday], demanding that the meat processing giant officially recognise the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) Local 271. Supporters at the rally, including community and religious leaders, claimed the company had systematically intimidated and harassed workers during a union drive two years ago, and insisted that ConAgra's anti-union campaign terrorised a majority of the workers against voting for the union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega