USA: Concerns over biotech corn that may contain toxic mould
Friends of the Earth environmental group has asked US Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman to withdraw a biotech corn suspected of containing a toxic mould from the market. The group wants the corn withdrawn while it is tested for the mould, after an Iowa farmer reported that the corn may have caused infertility in some members of his hog herd. Friends of the Earth is concerned that harmful corn may enter the food chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project