USA: Concerns over biotech corn that may contain toxic mould
Friends of the Earth environmental group has asked US Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman to withdraw a biotech corn suspected of containing a toxic mould from the market. The group wants the corn withdrawn while it is tested for the mould, after an Iowa farmer reported that the corn may have caused infertility in some members of his hog herd. Friends of the Earth is concerned that harmful corn may enter the food chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO