NORWAY: Concerns over black economy prompt investigation into fishing industry
Fisheries minister Otto Gregussen has launched an investigation into the business methods of Norwegian fish exporters, following the discovery of fraud in some exports to the EU. Norway is not a member of the European Union, and the fear is that the black economy is widespread amongst Norway's fishing industry. Around 20 tax accounts have now been appointed to work full time on the books of fishing businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti