NORWAY: Concerns over black economy prompt investigation into fishing industry
Fisheries minister Otto Gregussen has launched an investigation into the business methods of Norwegian fish exporters, following the discovery of fraud in some exports to the EU. Norway is not a member of the European Union, and the fear is that the black economy is widespread amongst Norway's fishing industry. Around 20 tax accounts have now been appointed to work full time on the books of fishing businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast