FINLAND/SWEDEN: Confectioner Cloetta Fazer to grow 23% through acquisition
Karsten Slotte, CEO of Finnish-Swedish confectionery producer Cloetta Fazer, said that the company will increase the size of its operations by 23% by the end of next year, by completing a series of takeovers. Slotte added that while the company must increase its profit margins to 12% by the end of 2003, its capital is large enough to secure takeover bids, which it aims to make in the Nordic region, Poland and the Baltic countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs