FINLAND/SWEDEN: Confectioner Cloetta Fazer to grow 23% through acquisition
Karsten Slotte, CEO of Finnish-Swedish confectionery producer Cloetta Fazer, said that the company will increase the size of its operations by 23% by the end of next year, by completing a series of takeovers. Slotte added that while the company must increase its profit margins to 12% by the end of 2003, its capital is large enough to secure takeover bids, which it aims to make in the Nordic region, Poland and the Baltic countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill