GERMANY: Confectionery industry reports increased output in 2002
German chocolate, sugar and bakery goods producers recorded an output worth €10.2bn (US$10.9bn) in 2002, a 4.1% increase year-on-year. According to the German Confectionery Industry Association, production volume increased by 2.2% year-on-year to 3.15 million tonnes in 2002. German per capita consumption of chocolate and confectionery averaged 30kg in 2002, up by 0.6kg from 2001. Sales of chocolate and snacks recorded a decrease in 2002, while ice cream sale remained unchanged compared to 2001, reported the German News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review