UK: Confectionery wholesaler Hancocks Group in management buy-out
The private equity firm said it plans to “build on Hancocks’ strong position in the market
UK confectionery wholesaler Hancocks Group has been sold in a management buy-out backed by H2 Equity Partners.
The private-equity firm said it plans to "build on Hancocks' strong position in the market to take the company forward in the coming years".
"We are delighted to have reached an agreement that allows us to become the majority shareholder of Hancocks," said Simon Gilbert of H2 Equity Partners. "The business has a strong management team in place and is a great platform to build from. We shall use our significant experience in wholesaling businesses to assist management in taking the company to the next level."
Hancocks said H2 and management will work together to expand the national depot network, continue to develop both the branded and own label ranges on offer and grow the online activities.
Mark Watson will remain as CEO. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report