UK: Confectionery wholesaler Hancocks Group in management buy-out
The private equity firm said it plans to “build on Hancocks’ strong position in the market
UK confectionery wholesaler Hancocks Group has been sold in a management buy-out backed by H2 Equity Partners.
The private-equity firm said it plans to "build on Hancocks' strong position in the market to take the company forward in the coming years".
"We are delighted to have reached an agreement that allows us to become the majority shareholder of Hancocks," said Simon Gilbert of H2 Equity Partners. "The business has a strong management team in place and is a great platform to build from. We shall use our significant experience in wholesaling businesses to assist management in taking the company to the next level."
Hancocks said H2 and management will work together to expand the national depot network, continue to develop both the branded and own label ranges on offer and grow the online activities.
Mark Watson will remain as CEO. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report