UK: Confirmation of new swine fever case
Tests carried out of the Ministry of Agriculture have confirmed that the number of farms in the recent outbreak of classical swine fever has swelled to 15. The latest farm, in East Anglia, became infected despite the severe precautionary measures taken last month to contain the disease at a Norfolk farm. After officials designated it as a "dangerous contact," every animal kept there was slaughtered. 35,000 diseased pigs have been killed now, and nearly 16,000 remain classed as "very high risk." The fate of the livestock at the farm in East Anglia has yet to be announced.Other attempts to restrict the spread of the highly contagious disease include Agricultural Minister Nick Brown's restriction on the movement of swine within Suffolk, Norfolk, and North Essex. The restrictions in North Essex were lifted last month however, when officials believed them to be unnecessary.Previous Article:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review