USA: Conjugated linoleic acid may help reduce body fat
A study published in The Journal of Nutrition has concluded that the natural dietary supplement conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat in people who are overweight or obese. The study is the largest published scientific evidence to date showing that the natural supplement reduces the weight of fatty tissue in humans. The double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study confirms a series of previous animal and human studies, which concluded that CLA improves body composition by reducing fat and preserving muscle tissue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast