FRANCE/ITALY: Consortium buys Edison’s 54% stake in Béghin-Say
Orgny-Naples, a consortium of French beet growers' cooperatives, has announced that it has reached an agreement with Italian energy company Edison to acquire the latter's 54% stake in French sugar manufacturer Béghin-Say. The consortium, which includes the Union SDA and Union BS cooperatives, are to buy the Béghin-Say shares at €37 (US$36.9) each, for a total of €513m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"