FRANCE/ITALY: Consortium buys Edison’s 54% stake in Béghin-Say
Orgny-Naples, a consortium of French beet growers' cooperatives, has announced that it has reached an agreement with Italian energy company Edison to acquire the latter's 54% stake in French sugar manufacturer Béghin-Say. The consortium, which includes the Union SDA and Union BS cooperatives, are to buy the Béghin-Say shares at €37 (US$36.9) each, for a total of €513m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast