USA: Consumer awareness of Genetically Modified foods may be taking root; poll finds public confidence in government regulators mixed
Americans are more aware of genetically modified food than they were six months ago, but confidence in the ability of government regulators to manage these products is mixed, according to a Zogby International poll released today by the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology. More than half of poll respondents (55 percent) reported they had heard a 'great deal' or 'some' about genetically modified foods sold in grocery stores, with those in the West polling highest (61 percent). The national level of awareness is a notable increase (of 11 percent) from an earlier study conducted for the Initiative by the Mellman Group/Public Opinion Strategies 6 months earlier, when less than half (44 percent) of respondents reported hearing a 'great deal' or 'some' about genetically modified foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review