USA: Consumer awareness of Genetically Modified foods may be taking root; poll finds public confidence in government regulators mixed
Americans are more aware of genetically modified food than they were six months ago, but confidence in the ability of government regulators to manage these products is mixed, according to a Zogby International poll released today by the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology. More than half of poll respondents (55 percent) reported they had heard a 'great deal' or 'some' about genetically modified foods sold in grocery stores, with those in the West polling highest (61 percent). The national level of awareness is a notable increase (of 11 percent) from an earlier study conducted for the Initiative by the Mellman Group/Public Opinion Strategies 6 months earlier, when less than half (44 percent) of respondents reported hearing a 'great deal' or 'some' about genetically modified foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020