USA: Consumer group criticises FDA over biotech safety reviews
A US consumer group has accused regulators of failing to adequately oversee safety reviews of new biotech crops. The Washington-based Centre for Science in the Public Interest said that some applications submitted by biotech companies to the US Food and Drug Administration were incomplete, while some had used faulty methods to test for allergens and evaluate toxins, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action