USA: Consumers Continue to Crave the Classics
Washed and ready-to-eat pre-packaged salad is now a classic American success story. Yet, even with the incredible array of salads that are available, it's surprising to note that the highest consumer demand in fresh-cut salads is still for simple, classic iceberg. Where do classic iceberg salad lovers go from here? Dole has made another all-American favorite just as ready-to-eat by introducing DOLE® Classic Romaine Salad. Classic Romaine Salad is a fresh-cut combination of crisp romaine lettuce leaves blended with colorful shredded carrots and red cabbage. Classic Romaine is triple-washed and ready to serve straight out of the bag, making salad preparation a snap. New Classic Romaine joins Dole's growing line of Classic salads, which includes Greener Selection, a popular blend of iceberg, romaine, carrots and red cabbage, and Classic Iceberg, with carrots and red cabbage. "Americans love simple, crisp salads, as is evident with the steady growth of ready-to-eat iceberg sales. Romaine is quickly growing in popularity with people who want familiar ingredients at a value, but are looking for higher nutrition," notes Chris Mayhew, director, new product development for Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc. "Now consumers can have America's favorite `greener' salad easily with washed and ready-to-eat Classic Romaine Salad." Dole Classic Romaine will be available nationwide at a suggested retail price of $1.99 to $2.19 for a 10-ounce bag. Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc. is a subsidiary of the Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL). DOLE®, with revenues of approximately $50 billion, is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and vegetables, and markets a growing line of packaged foods and fresh flowers. For more information, visit the DOLE® Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report