UK: Consumers express preference for "healthy" salt
More consumers are heeding health messages about the danger of excessive salt consumption, with low-sodium salt now representing 17.7% value share of the overall £25m (US$35.9m) UK salt market. With an annual value of approximately £4.4m, the low-sodium salt market is second to the table salt market, but has a larger market share than cooking salt, rock salt and sea salt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO