UK: Consumers have big appetite for local foods
Supporting their local economy is the number one reason for buying local products, according to new research by the Countryside Agency. Freshness and lower prices are the next biggest influences. A staggering 75% are prepared to pay a bit more for products which help to conserve the countryside. The Countryside Agency has launched a campaign called Eat the View to drive the market for local products and demonstrate to consumers how their buying power can benefit the countryside.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target