UK: Consumers have big appetite for local foods
Supporting their local economy is the number one reason for buying local products, according to new research by the Countryside Agency. Freshness and lower prices are the next biggest influences. A staggering 75% are prepared to pay a bit more for products which help to conserve the countryside. The Countryside Agency has launched a campaign called Eat the View to drive the market for local products and demonstrate to consumers how their buying power can benefit the countryside.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea