USA: Consumers looking for Nature's #1 Antioxidant Fruit(TM) are now looking in the freezer!
Frozen fruit is going to become a household staple once consumers taste Frozen Wild Blueberries -- Nature's #1 Antioxidant Fruit.(TM) Available for the first time in many major supermarkets, Frozen Wild Blueberries are emerging as the new, blue health superstars."Frozen Wild Blueberries are a hot discovery for consumers looking for simple, great-tasting ways to stay healthy and boost their antioxidant intake," said Susan Davis, MS, RD, nutrition advisor to the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and Registered Dietitian.According to the USDA, blueberries -- fresh, frozen or dried -- rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared with 40 other commercially available fruits and vegetables. (Source: Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 44:701- 705; 3426-3431, 1996; 46:2686-2693, 1998.) That means more protection against aging, heart disease and cancer. "There's more good news for those worried that Frozen Wild Blueberries may not be as good as fresh," said Davis. "According to the FDA, frozen fruits and vegetables are as healthy as fresh -- and they may even retain their nutritional value longer.""All it takes is one-half cup of Wild Blueberries a day to satisfy one of the 5-A-Day servings for fruits and vegetables -- and by choosing Wild Blueberries, you've also given your body a concentrated source of dietary antioxidants," said Davis. "You can include Frozen Wild Blueberries in anything you like to eat -- whether you toss a handful on cereal or make a smoothie, the options are limitless. Frozen Wild Blueberries are really the ultimate in convenience. They're always on-hand and ready to use."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report