UK: UK meat: consumers lose faith as government attacks industry - COMMENT (members)
The UK's Food Standards Agency has accused the meat industry of obstructing its BSE inquiry. Whether the accusations are justified or not, they are bad news for the UK meat industry, which has already seen public trust levels plummet. Companies in the sector must now do all they can to co-operate with such inquiries - and to be seen to co-operate. Even if this could involve some unpleasant revelations, a cover-up would be far more damaging.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin