UK: Consumers should be better informed about processes involved in getting food on shelves
Speaking earlier this morning at the Institute of Grocery Distribution's (IGD) annual convention, Solving the Value Equation , David Webster, chairman of supermarket giant Safeway and president of the IGD, said that some stakeholders in the process of food production and retailing are not getting a fair share of the value supermarkets are creating. Getting round this, he suggests, will be down to informing consumers and producers of all the facts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix