UK: Consumers should be better informed about processes involved in getting food on shelves
Speaking earlier this morning at the Institute of Grocery Distribution's (IGD) annual convention, Solving the Value Equation , David Webster, chairman of supermarket giant Safeway and president of the IGD, said that some stakeholders in the process of food production and retailing are not getting a fair share of the value supermarkets are creating. Getting round this, he suggests, will be down to informing consumers and producers of all the facts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations