UK: Consumers' views on BSE and Food Safety
The third issue in IGD's Consumer Watch series, published today, researches consumers' views on how safe they think the food we eat is. In a survey of 1,000 consumers, concern about BSE ranked alongside concern about cigarettes but well below road safety, medical negligence and pollution.The research examined how food safety ranked against other more general worries. Consumers were asked to identify their three main concerns from a prompted list. As can be seen from the graph below, the top three were road safety, medical negligence and pollution. Some way behind, the two main food safety issues were BSE and food poisoning, with GM and food allergies registering with far fewer consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch