UK: Consumers' views on BSE and Food Safety
The third issue in IGD's Consumer Watch series, published today, researches consumers' views on how safe they think the food we eat is. In a survey of 1,000 consumers, concern about BSE ranked alongside concern about cigarettes but well below road safety, medical negligence and pollution.The research examined how food safety ranked against other more general worries. Consumers were asked to identify their three main concerns from a prompted list. As can be seen from the graph below, the top three were road safety, medical negligence and pollution. Some way behind, the two main food safety issues were BSE and food poisoning, with GM and food allergies registering with far fewer consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review