USA: Consumers Warned of Salmonella in Potato Salad, States Georgia Department of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin is advising consumers to check the use-by date of a Publix brand potato salad they may have stored in their refrigerators. The potato salad may be contaminated with salmonella, a bacteria that can cause illness.Publix is voluntarily recalling its "Deli Quick Takes" New York Style Potato Salad in 16 and 32-ounce containers with "Use by Aug 26" because the salad was found to be contaminated with salmonella. The contamination was discovered during routine testing by Publix. The salad was distributed to stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama."Our sanitarians will be checking to make sure this product is removed from store shelves," said Commissioner Irvin. "Consumers who have any of this product should return it to the store where it was purchased for a refund."No illnesses associated with this product have been reported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review