AUSTRALIA: Contaminated Kraft Foods peanut butter implicated in elderly man's death
Melbourne Coroners' Court heard yesterday how salmonella contaminated peanut butter produced by Kraft Foods led to the death of an elderly man. Seventy-two year old Victor Robinson was admitted to hospital in April 1996 suffering from pneumonia and sickness; he died four weeks later and an autopsy revealed salmonella pathogens in his lungs. High-profile microbiologist Dr Beverly-Anne Biggs explained to yesterday's court hearing that she believed he would not have died if he had not consumed the product.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery