USA: ContiSea and Fjord Seafood announce intention to merge
ContiSea, LLC--a joint venture of ContiGroup Companies and Seaboard Corporation--and Fjord Seafood ASA have signed a Letter of Intent to merge. Under the terms of the transaction, ContiSea will incorporate its operations into Fjord, and ContiSea's owners will receive shares totaling 18% (approximately USD 60 million) of the merged company. As a result of the merger, Fjord Seafood will strengthen its position in the USA, the world's fastest growing market for Atlantic Salmon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund