USA: Cookie modelling takes moms to Mammon
Two mothers from Los Angeles combined their children's favourite pastimes - modelling clay and baking biscuits - to develop a successful new product now being sold across the United States. 'Get Kookie' biscuit dough is available in four colours and can be modelled, baked and then eaten. The mothers set up their own company Van Gogh's Kitchen, Inc. to launch the product last October, and launched USA-wide distribution after only a few months of impressive sales in California. The dough does not contain eggs in case children eat it raw. An 18 oz pack sells for between US$2.50 - $3.50.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw