CANADA: CoolBrands purchases New York's Chipwich
Markham, Ontario-based CoolBrands International, marketer of branded frozen novelties and frozen dessert products, has purchased the business and assets of Chipwich. Chipwich, said Coolbrands, created the adult premium ice cream novelty category in 1981 when it introduced the Chipwich Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. The Piermont, NY-based firm makes the product in a variety of flavours, and it is sold individually wrapped or packed six to a box for supermarkets. Market penetration is especially strong for single serve sales, including nationwide distribution at 7-Eleven convenience stores in the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review