CANADA: CoolBrands purchases New York's Chipwich
Markham, Ontario-based CoolBrands International, marketer of branded frozen novelties and frozen dessert products, has purchased the business and assets of Chipwich. Chipwich, said Coolbrands, created the adult premium ice cream novelty category in 1981 when it introduced the Chipwich Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. The Piermont, NY-based firm makes the product in a variety of flavours, and it is sold individually wrapped or packed six to a box for supermarkets. Market penetration is especially strong for single serve sales, including nationwide distribution at 7-Eleven convenience stores in the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail